So often, users come across troubles with the Outlook email application that can turn the PST files inaccessible. The conflicts occurring within Outlook program can make it impossible to open or access the data folders and other Outlook attributes. In such phases, you would probably get an error message that indicates the issues with the Outlook email. One such commonly encountered Outlook error is – Outlook.pst is not a personal folders file.
This very error will not let you read the personal data file on your email profile. Moreover, this typical Outlook error is likely to occur due to the following reasons-
- System crashes
- Incorrect OS reinstallations
- Forceful system shut down
- Abrupt Outlook program termination
- Misconfigurations in the Outlook settings
- Interruptions occurred upon PST backup process
- Other Outlook PST errors
The PST files actually consist of two major parts, namely – the file header and the data part. In case that, any damages occur to the header part of the PST file, the Microsoft Outlook can recognize it. In addition to this, the Outlook fails to read the PST file with corrupt header and hence report with an error message that the Outlook PST file is not a personal folders file.
Such Outlook errors could prove distressing especially when the important data files are affected. Now, if you looking to resolve this Outlook error then you got a right solution here. A smart tool like Remo Repair PST can instantly fix and restore your Outlook data files. This application supports all latest versions of Microsoft Outlook email applications.
Follow simple steps to repair Outlook PST is not a personal folder error:
- Download and install the Remo Repair PST on your Windows PC
- Pick an option among Open Default PST, Select PST file manually and Find all your PST files
- Choose a scan method (whether Normal scan or Smart scan)
- Hit on Repair button to trigger the fixing process
- Wait for a while for the repair process to complete
- You can then preview the repaired PST files